ElderPet Mission Statement
ElderPet, as an organization, facilitates the human/animal bond with pet owners and clients and residents of institutions in Rockingham/Strafford counties of New Hampshire in several specific ways:
- ElderPet provides training, evaluations and support for Pet Partner® Therapy Animal teams
- ElderPet connects volunteer registered Pet Partner animal/handler teams with area nursing homes, hospitals, hospice, schools, libraries and individuals to provide Animal Assisted Activities.
- ElderPet provides consultations with health care/educational professionals wishing to incorporate Animal Assisted Therapy in their practices.
- ElderPet provides dog and cat food for income qualified responsible pet owners.
- ElderPet provides pet care services and/or counseling to pet owners through referrals from area social workers or directly to individuals requesting services.
- ElderPet provides no-interest loans for unexpected veterinary expenses for income qualified responsible pet owners.
Target populations served are senior citizens, people affected by disabilities, and clients/ residents of health care and other facilities.